Looking for something fast but impressive to serve company on a busy weeknight? “These lamb chops make a really nice, last-minute meal for guests,“ notes Candy McMenamin in Lexington, South Carolina. “I pick up the ingredients on the way home from work and usually finish off the menu with a green salad and new potatoes.“
- 4 lamb loin chops (2-inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup prepared Russian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in salad dressing. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Sprinkle cheese over lamb chops; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom-Swiss Lamb Chops in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p24
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom-Swiss Lamb Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review