Mushroom-Swiss Lamb Chops Recipe
- 4 lamb loin chops (2-inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup prepared Russian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in salad dressing. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Sprinkle cheese over lamb chops; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom-Swiss Lamb Chops(1)
Sort By :
If you have never tried a lamb chop, you need to try this recipe. Lamb has a very mild, delicate flavor and the sauce really goes well with the meat. Serve with long grain and wild rice and a green vegetable for a great meal!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lamb >
- Lamb Chop Recipes >
- Lamb Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >