Mushroom Swiss Burgers Recipe
These skillet burgers from Mrs. James Bowles of Ironton, Ohio are perfect cold weather food. Heaping with mushrooms and the wonderful flavor of Swiss cheese, these burgers really deliver. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1. Shape beef into six patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms in drippings until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine soup and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Return patties to the skillet. Stir in soup mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 4. Top each patty with a slice of cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Serve on buns topped with mushrooms. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC