Mushroom Swiss Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Shape beef into six patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms in drippings until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine soup and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes or until heated through.
- Return patties to the skillet. Stir in soup mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Serve on buns topped with mushrooms. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Swiss Burgers
Sort By :
Delicious! My husband loved it. We found it to be a little drippy so I serve it open-face on the bun.
That sounds like a great idea for those of us who are on a low sodium diet! I already know I can get mushrooms canned without salt, but low sodium mushroom soup is still too high in sodim for me.
I have made swiss Mushroom Burgers for years but instad of using mushroom soup I use canned mushrooms, I drain the liquid into a sauce pan add a beef boullion cube bring it to a boil and thicken with a little milk and cornstarch add mushrooms to heat spoon over hamburger and top with swiss chese
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheeseburgers >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Sandwiches >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >