- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender. Add mushrooms, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the stuffing, celery leaves, parsley and bacon. Combine eggs and broth. Stir into stuffing mixture.
- Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Dot with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes and stuffing temperature reaches 165°. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 13 cups.
Reviews for Mushroom Stuffing
Sort By :
Made it for the first time this Thanksgiving and everyone loved it! Definitely a good one to have in the recipe collection.
I have made this stuffing for the past 2 years for Thanksgiving and will make it again this year. It is a big hit at my house and we never have any leftovers. I would recomend this receipe to anyone.
I made this a couple of weeks ago and it was so good I decided to have it with our Christmas dinner. I used some left over cornbread and went light on the mushrooms, since the kids don't care for mushrooms, chopped them real small, they didn't even know they were in there.
I made this last year for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. I plan to make it again this year.
This stuffing recipe was great. I made it for Thanksgiving 2 years in a row now. But last year I could not find a bag of unseasoned cornbread stuffing anywhere like I used the first year so I used regular bread crumbs. The stuffing was much better with the cornbread . Any suggestions on where I can find this 16oz of cornbread stuffing to use for this recipe, does it matter if it is seasoned already?