Mushroom Stuffing Recipe
"I first tried this stuffing a few years ago, and it fast became our family's favorite," says Kathy Traetow of Waverly, Iowa. Her hearty corn bread mix is flavored with mushrooms and bacon.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- 2. Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender. Add mushrooms, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the stuffing, celery leaves, parsley and bacon. Combine eggs and broth. Stir into stuffing mixture.
- 3. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Dot with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes and stuffing temperature reaches 165°. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 13 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 235 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Stuffing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC