- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender. Add mushrooms, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the stuffing, celery leaves, parsley and bacon. Combine eggs and broth. Stir into stuffing mixture.
- Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Dot with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes and stuffing temperature reaches 165°. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 13 cups.
Reviews for Mushroom Stuffing
"I have been making this on Thanksgiving for years as is. Everyone has always liked it."
"Made it for the first time this Thanksgiving and everyone loved it! Definitely a good one to have in the recipe collection."
"I have made this stuffing for the past 2 years for Thanksgiving and will make it again this year. It is a big hit at my house and we never have any leftovers. I would recomend this receipe to anyone."
"I made this last year for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. I plan to make it again this year."
"This stuffing recipe was great. I made it for Thanksgiving 2 years in a row now. But last year I could not find a bag of unseasoned cornbread stuffing anywhere like I used the first year so I used regular bread crumbs. The stuffing was much better with the cornbread . Any suggestions on where I can find this 16oz of cornbread stuffing to use for this recipe, does it matter if it is seasoned already?"