I love this recipe because it looks beautiful, tastes delicious, and is a very healthy alternative to turkey and dressing! Chicken broth may be substituted if turkey broth is not available.
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place artichoke hearts, mushrooms, 1/2 cup broth and lemon juice in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender and liquid is evaporated, 7-9 minutes. Stir in bread crumbs; cool slightly.
- Cut each tenderloin horizontally through the center to within 1/4 in. of the opposite edge; open flat. Using a sharp knife, remove white tendons. Cover with plastic wrap; pound each with a meat mallet to an even thickness. Remove plastic; spread tops with artichoke mixture. Starting at a long side, roll up jelly-roll style; tie at 3-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- Place 1 in. apart in a 13x9-in. baking pan, seam side down; pour 1 cup broth over top. Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove turkey from pan; tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and remaining broth until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove string; cut tenderloins into slices. Serve with gravy; sprinkle with lemon peel. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom-Stuffed Turkey Tenderloins in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p141
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mushroom-Stuffed Turkey Tenderloins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review