- 3 bacon strips
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, parsley and bacon.
- Cut a slit lengthwise three-quarters of the way through the tenderloin. Lightly place stuffing in the pocket; close with toothpicks. Combine butter and Parmesan cheese; spread over top and sides of meat. Press the remaining bread crumbs onto butter mixture.
- Place meat on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes and remove toothpicks before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom-Stuffed Tenderloin
"This recipe was excellent. I made one change & it still was very good. I used a turkey tenderloin in the place of the beef. Had to cook it to 165° which took about an hour, but it was tender and delicious. I will do this again, next time I may try the beef."
"I did not have a beef tenderloin. I had a pork tenderloin and I did not change a thing otherwise. This dish is delicious. My husband is kind of picky and he really liked this. He said next time I was to make some extra stuffing on the side and he wanted also to add a pork gravy. I enjoyed the dish as it was. But will make some pork gravy on the side just for him. And some extra stuffing."
"I have made this many times for family and friends and it always receives many compliments. It is perfect every time! We LOVE it!"
"I made this for Christmas dinner and it was a big hit!"