The stuffing mix, which stays crispy on the outside of the chicken, becomes the moist centerpiece of this delicious main dish from Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah.
Recommended: 30 Ways to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken-flavored stuffing mix, coarsely crushed, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onions and marjoram in 2 tablespoons butter for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 1/2 cup stuffing mix.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spoon mushroom mixture down the center of each. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place the remaining stuffing mix in another bowl; stir in paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p59
Reviews forMushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2014
"Easy to make and very flavourful"