- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken-flavored stuffing mix, coarsely crushed, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onions and marjoram in 2 tablespoons butter for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 1/2 cup stuffing mix.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spoon mushroom mixture down the center of each. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place the remaining stuffing mix in another bowl; stir in paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p59
Reviews for Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2014
Easy to make and very flavourful