Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
The stuffing mix, which stays crispy on the outside of the chicken, becomes the moist centerpiece of this delicious main dish from Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken-flavored stuffing mix, coarsely crushed, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onions and marjoram in 2 tablespoons butter for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 1/2 cup stuffing mix.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spoon mushroom mixture down the center of each. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place the remaining stuffing mix in another bowl; stir in paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p59
Reviews for Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >