Mushroom-Stuffed Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Cook and stir mushrooms, onion and peppers in bacon drippings until tender. Using slotted spoon, remove to a small bowl; cool completely. Stir in bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, steak sauce and seasoned salt, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 16 thin patties. Top eight of the patties with cheese, folding over cheese to fit within 3/4 inch of edge. Spread with mushroom mixture. Top with remaining patties, pressing edges to enclose filling.
- Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in meat portion reads 160°. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom-Stuffed Cheeseburgers(15)
Sort By :
Easy and great tasting burgers! I halved this recipe for two of us for two night's dinner. The only change was that I kept the bacon @ 2 strips. Next time I'll add an extra slice of provolone to each burger and double the steak sauce and seasoning salt for 1 lb of lean ground beef. These can be made ahead, wrapped in between wax paper and wrapped in suran until you're ready to grill. Probably one of the best stuffed burgers we've had. KEEPER!
Wonderful burger recipe! I halved the ingredients since I'm only cooking for 2 and it turned out marvelous. I also used shredded cheese that I had on hand and flatbread to save a bit on the calorie count. Will definitely make again.
This is a great burger! The recipe as-is is fantastic! The second time I made it I switched out the peppers for bacon and green chile. Delicious! Lots of ways to change this up, but the original recipe is really good!
These were amazing! I'm not much for hamburgers and I hate cheeseburgers, but when I saw this recipe in the magazine I knew it had my husband's name all over it. Believe it or not, I loved these too! The provolone cheese was perfect, not overpowering at all. Mr. Picky didn't even mind the onions and peppers in it. I bet if you make this just once, you'll be hooked. And like me, you'll start thinking of other delicious things to "stuff" them with --- hmm, jalapenos? Shredded cabbage, carrots, or zucchinis? Thanks for adding one more thing to my arsenal in the War To Get Mr. Picky To Eat More Veggies. :~)
These burgers are delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >