- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms until tender. Add the garlic; cook for 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, spinach and cheese; set aside.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloin so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4 in. thickness. Remove plastic; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread stuffing over meat to within 1 in. of edges.
- Close tenderloin; tie at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Sort By :
this is fabulous, sometimes we add prosicutto in the middle or we change the cheese to a milder cheese to make a kid friendly meal. Turns out perfect each time!
This was wonderful. I used regular spinach and added it to the pan of
mushrooms, after I turned off the heat. I also used roquefort cheese instead of blue.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >