Mushroom Strip Steaks Recipe
"When you want to dress up steak in a hurry, try this easy recipe," suggests Kay Riedel of Topeka, Kansas. "Bob and I enjoy the mouthwatering combination of beef, mushrooms, cheese and onion soup."—Kay Riedel, Topeka, Kansas
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Drain.
- 2. Top each steak with the soup, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom Strip Steaks
Reviewed May. 30, 2014
"recipe was fine, but not outstanding. I probably won't repeat."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC