- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Drain.
- Top each steak with the soup, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Strip Steaks in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p22
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom Strip Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 30, 2014
recipe was fine, but not outstanding. I probably won't repeat.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >