Mushroom Steak Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 beef top round steak (2 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker combine the mushrooms, onion and beef. Combine the soup, sherry, oregano, thyme and remaining pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 265 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Mushroom Steak
"It was just a little bland. I ended up adding about 1/4 -1/3 cup of sour cream and calling it beef stroganoff."
"This turned out well. I didn't have 7 hours, so after dipping meat in flour mixture, I seared it in the skillet. Nice flavor!"
"This was really easy and we all enjoyed it (even the kids). The steak was super tender after cooking all day."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.