Mushroom Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook steak in canola oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and pepper in olive oil until tender. Stir in remaining soy sauce. Remove from the heat; add tomato. Spread mustard over rolls. Slice steak; place on rolls. Add mushroom mixture; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 398 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,324 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.