Mushroom Steak Sandwiches Recipe
Quick to make, everyone loves it, stretches a 12 oz. steak to feed four. This is excellent for soup and sandwich night or with a tall ice cold drink while watching your favorite sport.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook steak in canola oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and pepper in olive oil until tender. Stir in remaining soy sauce. Remove from the heat; add tomato. Spread mustard over rolls. Slice steak; place on rolls. Add mushroom mixture; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 398 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1324mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Mushroom Steak Sandwiches
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2011
"good supper with soup"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC