Mushroom Steak Sandwiches Recipe
Quick to make, everyone loves it, stretches a 12 oz. steak to feed four. This is excellent for soup and sandwich night or with a tall ice cold drink while watching your favorite sport.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- In a large skillet, cook steak in canola oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and pepper in olive oil until tender. Stir in remaining soy sauce. Remove from the heat; add tomato. Spread mustard over rolls. Slice steak; place on rolls. Add mushroom mixture; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Steak Sandwiches in Reminisce February/March 2011, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mushroom Steak Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >