- 8 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup each sliced fresh baby portobello, shiitake and button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steak in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the skillet; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and thyme. Whisk in walnut oil and remaining olive oil. Stir in walnuts.
- Divide salad greens and shallot between two serving bowls. Cut steak into slices. Top salads with steak and mushrooms. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Steak Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mushroom Steak Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Salads >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salad Recipes For Two >