Mushroom Steak 'n' Linguine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute beef in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, saute red pepper and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add mushrooms; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until tender. Add spinach and rosemary; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream and milk; heat through (do not boil).
- 3. Drain linguine; top with mushroom mixture and beef. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup meat mixture with 1-1/4 cups linguine equals 635 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.