This creamy dish has lots of great earthy flavors; mushrooms and a bit of rosemary make it really special, too. This is sure to become a family favorite!
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute beef in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute red pepper and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add mushrooms; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until tender. Add spinach and rosemary; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream and milk; heat through (do not boil).
- Drain linguine; top with mushroom mixture and beef. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Steak 'n' Linguine in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p7
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Steak 'n' Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review