Mushroom Spinach Salad with Tangy BBQ Sauce Dressing Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, mushrooms, water chestnuts, eggs, onions and bacon. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over the salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 120 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Spinach Salad with Tangy BBQ Sauce Dressing
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.