Mushroom Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
“I love salads…especially refreshing ones that taste great!" says Michelle Bagwell of Alamosa, Colorado. "This simple salad has it all and is very adaptable. If you love bacon bits, spinach or cheese, add a little more to suit your personal taste.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a
- jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients;
- shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 159 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.