A crisp salad is the perfect complement to any summer meal. With its tangy dressing and fresh ingredients, this recipe has become one of our family's favorites.
Featured In: Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 4 to 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss the first six ingredients. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well. Pour over salad and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Country Woman July/August 1995, p37
Reviews for Mushroom Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review