"I lightened up this savory dish by using olive oil, one regular egg and three egg whites, explains Arlene Hammonds of Gray, Tennessee. "For a change of pace, I like to mix diced celery and parsley with different cheeses."
Recommended: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and egg whites. Add cheeses, salt, pepper flakes, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Omelet in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 19
Reviews forMushroom Spinach Omelet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2017
"I made this precisely as directed and measured everything and it is delicious!!! I give it a full 5 stars but it's way better!!"