Mushroom Spinach Omelet Recipe
"I lightened up this savory dish by using olive oil, one regular egg and three egg whites, explains Arlene Hammonds of Gray, Tennessee. "For a change of pace, I like to mix diced celery and parsley with different cheeses."
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and egg whites. Add cheeses, salt, pepper flakes, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Omelet in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 19
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Spinach Omelet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >