Mushroom Spinach Enchiladas Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Place mushrooms in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Place spinach in food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spinach and garlic; cook 5 minutes longer or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1-1/4 cups Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, ricotta and sour cream.
- Combine enchilada sauces; spread 1/2 cup in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place 1/4 cup mushroom mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Enchiladas in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p30
Reviews for Mushroom Spinach Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review