- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs. Return all to the pan,
- stirring constantly. Stir in the cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg;
- set aside.
- For filling, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallot in
- butter and oil if desired until tender. Add spinach; cook 1 minute
- longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually
- add cream; heat through (do not boil).
- Pour half of the egg mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Top with filling and remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 349 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.