Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (one 12 ounces, one 18 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons each dried parsley flakes, basil and oregano
- 2 teaspoons each garlic powder, sugar and salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown beef, onions and green pepper until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 hours. Remove the bay leaves before serving. Yield: 16 cups.
1 cup: 172 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.