- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 12 large fresh morel mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 pound fresh peas, shelled (about 3/4 cup)
- 12 sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in batches until tender; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute zucchini and peas in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain fettuccine; return to skillet. Add the vegetable mixture, green onions, lemon juice, peel, and remaining salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with scallops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Scallop Primavera in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p202
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Scallop Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review