Mushroom Sausage Omelets Recipe
When our children were young, I prepared this recipe regularly because it's fast and easy. Loaded with cheese, Italian sausage, fresh mushrooms and garlic, the recipe makes two omelets, but the ingredients can easily be increased to suit larger families.—Catherine Fontana, Fox Lake, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in the parsley, cheese, garlic and pepper.
- 2. In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the egg mixture (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 3. When eggs are set, sprinkle half of the sausage and mushrooms over half of the omelet; fold other side of omelet over filling. Slide onto a plate. Repeat for second omelet. Yield: 2 omelets (4 servings).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC