Mushroom Sausage Omelets Recipe
When our children were young, I prepared this recipe regularly because it's fast and easy. Loaded with cheese, Italian sausage, fresh mushrooms and garlic, the recipe makes two omelets, but the ingredients can easily be increased to suit larger families.—Catherine Fontana, Fox Lake, Illinois
- 1 fresh Italian sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1. In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium-high heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; wipe skillet clean.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cheese, garlic and pepper until blended. Stir in parsley.
- 3. In same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Pour in half of the egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, spoon half of the sausage mixture on one side; fold omelet in half.
- 4. Cut omelet in half; slide onto serving plates. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 omelet equals 360 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 494 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC