4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 9 ounces small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1-1/2 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 artichoke bottoms (drained canned or cooked fresh)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a saucepan, saute shallots in butter until tender. Add mushrooms;
- cook and stir until mushrooms release their liquid. Stir in flour
- until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add tarragon. Reduce heat; cook
- and stir for 5 minutes. Add cheese; stir to melt. Remove from the
- heat; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, warm the artichoke bottoms in water to cover.
- Season lemon juice and salt. Keep warm.