Mushroom Salsa Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chunky salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in beans, salsa, tomatoes, onion, tomato sauce, mushrooms, peppers and seasonings. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until flavors are blended. Add toppings of your choice. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Mushroom Salsa Chili
Sort By :
"I used ground turkey instead of pork sausage and added only one can of beans, but otherwise I followed the recipe faithfully. It is delicious! Will definitely make this again!"
"Excellent!! Very easy to make & a pleasentchange from the usual flavors like chili powder. My husband enjoyed it too & he likes spicy foods."
"This is more of a light "summer" chili. I added more peppers, doubled the spices, added some black pepper for a little warmth and an extra can of beans and we loved it. Oh, I also used fresh mushrooms."
"Definitely one of the best chili recipes I've tried!"
"I also used fresh mushrooms, and was pleasantly surprised to find this is a step or two up from your typical chili."