Mushroom Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked noodles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and consomme until smooth. Stir in mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and basil; set aside.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, seasoned salt and pepper if desired. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six oval patties; place in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- 3. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes; drain. Turn patties, moving the ones in the center to the outside of dish. Pour consomme mixture over patties. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with potatoes or noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.