Mushroom Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked noodles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and consomme until smooth. Stir in mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and basil; set aside.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, seasoned salt and pepper if desired. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six oval patties; place in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- 3. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes; drain. Turn patties, moving the ones in the center to the outside of dish. Pour consomme mixture over patties. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with potatoes or noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 294 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Salisbury Steak
"I didn't really care for the way the patties cooked in the microwave, but that is just a personal preference and nothing wrong with the recipe itself, so I'm still giving it 5 stars. Instead of connsumme and bread crumbs, I used homemade beef stock and saltine cracker crumbs, and I eliminated the seasoned salt. I don't think my changes hurt in any way, as this was quite tasty. Very simple prep, and I will definitely be making this again, but I will probably prepare it in a skillet on the stove top, as a reviewer before me mentioned."
"Gonna make this, this coming Sunday. I bought 2 cans of beef consomme and didn't realize there was only 1 1/2 # ground beef. Going to triple the recipe for 10 people. I have brown gravy so going to add that for the rest of the beef consomme I will be lacking. Also I have canned and fresh mushrooms so going to saute fresh mushrooms. I think it will be more flavorful."
"My family loves this so much that I make a big batch of the patties in the oven, then freeze. It makes a really fast meal to thaw and prepare the gravy any time when need a quick and delicious meal."
"love this , stovetop for us, haven't found a better flavor for salisbury steak"
"LOVE this !!Made it in the oven."
"I prefer to make this in a skillet rather than a microwave. It takes a little longer but we like it better that way."
"This recipe is delicious. I did not have the consomme so I used two pkgs. of brown gravy mix."