Mushroom-Rosemary Turkey Gravy
This smooth, rich gravy with an earthy mushroom flavor will complement turkey, pork, beef or potatoes beautifully! Cathy Tang - Redmond, WA
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Roasted turkey drippings
- Chicken broth or water
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Pour turkey drippings into a measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/4
- cup; set aside. Add enough broth or water to the drippings to
- measure 3 cups.
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in reserved fat until tender.
- Add onion powder and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the
- flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if
- desired. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 30 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.