Mushroom Romaine Salad Recipe
Tossed green salads are always a great way to complete a nice meal, and this recipe goes well with just about any main course for an elegant presentation. This medley features romaine hearts, onions and fresh mushrooms drizzled with a creamy homemade dressing that's seasoned with dried tarragon and a dash of cayenne pepper.—Kathy Green, Mahomet, Illinois
- 2 bunches romaine hearts, torn
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, mushrooms, and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, cream, sugar, tarragon, salt and cayenne. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 113 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Mushroom Romaine Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC