Mushroom Romaine Salad
Tossed green salads are always a great way to complete a nice meal, and this recipe goes well with just about any main course for an elegant presentation. This medley features romaine hearts, onions and fresh mushrooms drizzled with a creamy homemade dressing that's seasoned with dried tarragon and a dash of cayenne pepper.—Kathy Green, Mahomet, Illinois
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 bunches romaine hearts, torn
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, mushrooms, and onions. In
- a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, cream, sugar, tarragon, salt
- and cayenne. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 113 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.