Brought to you by Minute® Rice
6 ServingsPrep/Cook Time: 15 min., let stand for 5 min.
- 1 can (15 3/4 oz.) low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups Minute® Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring broth, 3/4 cup water, mushrooms, butter and seasonings to boil
- in medium saucepan.
- Stir in rice; cover. Cook on low heat 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Jazz It Up: Add 1 cup frozen peas with mushrooms