Mushroom Rice Recipe
"A co-worker shared the recipe for this tasty rice side dish more than 30 years ago, and I've been taking it to potlucks ever since," relates Iris Hubbard of North Fort Myers, Florida. It's a snap to throw together...and inexpensive, too, at 41 cents a helping.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Microwave at 50% power for 12 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 250 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,052 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC