Mushroom-Rice Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, rice, onion and celery leaves in butter until onion is tender. Add water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in pecans.
- Stuff 1/2 cup of rice mixture under the skin of each chicken breast half. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom-Rice Stuffed Chicken Breasts(3)
Sort By :
Delicious! Easy to make and hubby loved it ...chicken not his most favorite but tolerates it because it is my favorite! Thanks
This is a delicious recipe. It's easy enough for everyday and elegant enough to serve guests.
I like "stuffed" recipes, and this one not only is very tasty but the stuffing goes easily under the skin of the chichen breasts. A really nice entree for company or when you feel like treating your family. I spooned the extra stuffing around the breasts and baked it covered for 30-35 min, then uncoverd for the last half hour.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >