Mushroom Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and wine until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 6 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; stir in mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with wine and 1 tablespoon butter) equals 132 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mushroom Rice Pilaf
"I actually prepared the mushroom mixture as directed and added it in with the rice while cooking. I also used 1 cup chicken broth instead of the water & chicken bouillon granules."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.