Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Fresh mushrooms and a hint of wine dress up instant rice in this recipe shared by Genny Monchamp of Redding, California. The speedy side dish is an effortless accompaniment to chicken, pork or beef.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Stir in
- rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and
- wine until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 6
- minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; stir in mushroom mixture. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with wine and 1 tablespoon butter) equals 132 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.