Mushroom Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and wine until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 6 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; stir in mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 141 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.