Mushroom Rice Pilaf Recipe
Fresh mushrooms and a hint of wine dress up instant rice in this recipe shared by Genny Monchamp of Redding, California. The speedy side dish is an effortless accompaniment to chicken, pork or beef.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and wine until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 6 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; stir in mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Rice Pilaf in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >