"A co-worker shared the recipe for this tasty rice side dish more than 30 years ago, and I've been taking it to potlucks ever since," relates Iris Hubbard of North Fort Myers, Florida. It's a snap to throw together...and inexpensive, too, at 41 cents a helping.
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Microwave at 50% power for 12 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Rice in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p47
Reviews for Mushroom Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review