Mushroom Rice Recipe
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Microwave at 50% power for 12 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom Rice
Sort By :
"We love, love, LOVE this recipe! So flavorful and moist. I did cut down on the butter/marg and only use about 1-2T. Also, used onion powder instead of onion salt (the broth has plenty of salt). Also, I only cook it 10 min instead of 12 becasue w/ 12 min it was a tad dry. I make this probably once a week!"
"This is very similar to rice my grandma used to make. I use French Onion soup instead of broth. I would cut down the salt more though. Either use unsalted butter or substitute onion powder for the salt."
"I think this recipe uses too much butter, and I used a low-sodium broth to cut out some of the salt. It didn't reheat very well the next day because of all the butter."