Kathleen Hendrick, Alexandria, Kentucky
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle steaks with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet,
- brown steaks on both sides in oil. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms until tender. Spoon
- over steaks. Prepare gravy mix according to package directions; stir
- in sour cream. Pour over steaks.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 448 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,341 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.