—Kathleen Hendrick, Alexandria, Kentucky
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle steaks with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown steaks on both sides in oil. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms until tender. Spoon over steaks. Prepare gravy mix according to package directions; stir in sour cream. Pour over steaks.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Ribeyes in Reminisce Extra February 2006, p 52
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom Ribeyes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review