Mushroom Quiche Recipe
Fresh mushrooms and Swiss cheese complement each other in this wonderful dish. Served with fresh fruit, it makes a hearty meal any time of day.—Shelia Hart, Evanston, Wyoming
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove foil; set the crust aside.
- 2. In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. In a bowl, toss cheese with flour; add eggs, milk, savory, salt and pepper. Stir in mushrooms. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 251 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC