Mushroom Quiche Lorraine Recipe
Family and friends will delight in this savory quiche from Michelle Fincher of Lyman, South Carolina. Mushrooms and green onions bring fresh flavor, while cheese and bacon lend a touch of decadence.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 375°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms and onions to egg mixture. Stir in cheese and bacon.
Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 375°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 404 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 204 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC