- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms and onions to egg mixture. Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Quiche Lorraine
Sort By :
"This recipe is so good. I've made it so many times. I love that it is so easy to make."
"I completely omit the crust. It's unnecessary and adds unwanted carbs. I simply pour the mixture in a greased casserole and bake as directed. Delicious!"
"I used this recipe to make Quiche for the first time for Mother's Day. I modified the recipe by adding zuchinni, using cheddar instead of swiss and ham instead of bacon. I had to cook it longer than the recipe states but it was worth it and turned out great!"
"I omitted the bacon and it was still delicious. I double wrapped the edges and bottom to prevent spillage."