Mushroom Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and guacamole, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and jalapenos in olive oil until tender and liquid is nearly evaporated. Add cilantro; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet; add one tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/3 cup mushroom mixture and another tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and mushroom mixture, adding more oil as needed. Serve with salsa and guacamole if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 594 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Quesadillas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.