- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and jalapenos in olive oil until tender and liquid is nearly evaporated. Add cilantro; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet; add one tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/3 cup mushroom mixture and another tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and mushroom mixture, adding more oil as needed. Serve with salsa and guacamole if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Quesadillas in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p21
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2011
"Tasty! I made them ahead of time (during nap time LOL) refridgerated then just put them in the oven for @ 10 - 15 min at 350. Because of this I omited doing the quesadillas in the frying pan."