You can make these attractive appetizers in a jiffy with refrigerated crescent roll dough. The tasty little spirals disappear fast at a holiday party!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tube (8 ounces) crescent roll dough
- In a blender, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms, onion and hot
- pepper sauce; cover and process until blended. Unroll crescent
- dough; separate into four rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
- Spread mushroom mixture over dough.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut each roll
- into five slices; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at
- 425° for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Yield:
- 20 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: One piece (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 54 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable,1/2 fat.