Mushroom Prosciutto Pasta Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add prosciutto; saute for 3 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into the skillet. Add parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to the skillet and stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups pasta mixture (calculated without cheese) equals 622 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.