Mushroom Prosciutto Pasta
If prosciutto is not available at your deli counter, substitute diced ham.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add
- prosciutto; saute for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into
- the skillet. Add parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to the skillet
- and stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups pasta mixture (calculated without cheese) equals 622 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium,