If prosciutto is not available at your deli counter, substitute diced ham.
- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add prosciutto; saute for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into the skillet. Add parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to the skillet and stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Prosciutto Pasta in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p168
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Prosciutto Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review