- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add prosciutto; saute for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into the skillet. Add parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to the skillet and stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Prosciutto Pasta(2)
Sort By :
This was absolutely amazing! Just preparing this dish tantalized the senses. The aroma filled the house, drawing my extremely picky husband into the kitchen repeatedly, inquiring when dinner would be ready. I was pleased at the simplicity of this recipe, the availability of the ingredients (I had everything on hand except the prosciutto) and the ease of preparation. I followed the recipe and changed nada thing.
My husband suggested using chicken breast instead of the prosciutto for a change of pace although I preferred the recipe as shown.
This recipe is easy to prepare and delicious!!
I have already made this recipe twice. I used rotini instead of penne pasta and it was delicious.